Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wednesday night pick-me-up: Lemon Risotto

I love to cook, though I'm more of a recipe follower than an experimenter. Some days, I come home from work, and all I want to do is spend an hour meandering around in the kitchen. 

My friend Roxana (a fellow Illini who I met in DC) works for a major food distributor and is also a fantastic chef. Her blog, Outside the Cereal Box, is full of exquisite looking, restaurant-quality items that she just casually throws together. 

Her blog is not only extremely appetizing (she also instagrams the shit out of everything she makes), but it's hilarious

Check out this post on her Lemon Risotto. Even if you don't make it (which you should) just read it. Highly entertaining. Actually you'll need to read the post to even get any of my jokes in this post....so...

Dan was out at some boring work function, so I got to spend the night with Ray. 


Walked out of Whole Foods with everything except fresh parsley. This was Plan B. 


 Just sitting back with my wine, tending to my risotto. 
Yes there are ice cubes in my glass-- I'm classy like that.


I love this view...


In case you were wondering, EB spent the entire time next to me in the kitchen. 


Cooked to perfection! I'm no loser

Next time I'm searing some scallops to go along with. Nom Nom Nom. 

Ingredients: 
6 cups chicken stock
1.5 tbs butter
1.5 tbs olive oil 
2 shallots, diced
2 cups Arborio rice
1/4 cup dry white wine
1-2 lemons
1/2-1 cup grated parmesan 
small handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
1.5 tbs butter

No comments:

Post a Comment