Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

And you say Chi city.

Dan and I have a mutual love for Chicago that surpasses words.

I honestly feel like I grew up there, because so much of my childhood was spent visiting that city. Many of my closest friends and family live there. I'm a Cubs fan, a Bears fan, and a Marshall Fields fan. Chicago is my happy place. When I am fortunate enough to go there, I am truly at home.

 
First stop: brunch with Rachel & Erin (my loves and bridesmaids) at Little Goat.

Then we ventured to Oak St. beach. The lake was perfection despite burning the crap out of our feet on the hot sand.

Dan, being adorable.

some favorite snaps. I take my hotdogs very seriously.


Birthday dinner for my dad at Sixteen in the Trump Tower. Got to see the sister!!

Eight courses + a cheese course + wine pairing for each = see ya never.

Sixteen with the Chicago River in the background. 

Saturday night: Mel's wedding. Palm trees, children in kilts, and tasty custom cocktails, including one titled, the "Rise and Grind"

DC ladies looking pretty and put-together

....for now.

First dance cuteness. 

then things took a weird turn...


Wolfpack. 


after the party, it's the after-party. Pump Room- wardrobe change, chicken McNuggets, champagne flowing.

Sunday- sobered up and grabbed brunch on the river with Sarah, another fab bridesmaid!

I'm ready to go back already.

No comments:

Post a Comment