Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Tastes of Tulsa: Dilly Deli

Hello! 

I haven't done a restaurant review in a while because, well, I haven't really been around. It was time to get back into the [eating] game, so DWade met me for lunch downtown at a local Tulsa favorite, Dilly Deli.

It's pretty cutesies inside.

Yeah, I had to Google what a "trifle" was too. But seriously, these looked DELICIOUS.

Lovely little city view. 

The ambiance reminded me of a pre-school classroom. 
see: solar system diorama, shelves full of children's books and "Cereal Bar" which is an actual cereal bar.

guess what I f*ckin love fancy drinks.

 
I had the "Brown-Eyed Girl" which consisted of grilled chicken, arugula, melted brie and a lemon-basil mayo on a freshly baked ciabatta roll.

And of course a giant pickle which a scarfed down first. 

mmmmm MMMMMM!

Dan ordered the "Jillian" which was essentially a gourmet meatball sub. I asked him to describe the sandwich in three words, and he gave me: "smashed," "easy" and "melted cheese" as in, the meatballs were smashed down, making the sandwich easier to eat than your average meatball sub. And there was melted cheese on top. 

He also noted that it was delicious. 


Dilly Deli gets an A! Tulsa, your restaurants are pleasing to me.

*Only negative was that our food did take well over 30 minutes to come out. When you're on a lunch break at work, no es bueno. Perhaps they were short-staffed :)
 

Dilly Deli 
402 E 2nd St  Tulsa, OK 74120(918) 938-6382

No comments:

Post a Comment