Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tastes of Tulsa: Found My First Food Truck!

Smoke on Cherry Street
@smoketulsa

I used to stalk the food trucks in DC like it was my job--I had a whole Twitter list devoted to food trucks only. When I worked in Farragut Square, [Food Truck] Fridays were my favorite day of the week.

So, you can imagine my excitement when I stepped outside of my building for lunch and spotted a little afternoon farmers market, complete with restaurant on wheels.

                           
Hello, new best friend. 

Smoke is a place that I've been wanting to try in Tulsa's Cherry Street District. 

On the menu today: 
-Pulled Pork Sandwich 
-Brisket Taco 
-Smoked Trout Salad
-Parmesan and rosemary fries

I have to tell you, I didn't struggle too much with this decision, because the Smoked Trout Salad literally spoke magical words to me. The chalkboard description was so simple--mixed greens, feta, cherries, candied pecans--but the actual result was anything but. The layers of smokiness were incredible- the saltiness of the fish and the peppery arugula were effortlessly calmed by the sweetness of  the dried cherries and sugary nuts. Paired with a cold, crisp Coke (glass-bottle, the best kind), I was one happy girl.

There was literally an entire fish fillet in that salad. Now I am DEFINITELY not complaining about the amount of trout, but I would have favored a higher greens-to-trout ratio. (Though, I do understand it was meant to be more of a bed of greens to compliment the fish.) 

Still though, delicious, and very gourmet-feeling for a curbside lunch on a Tuesday. A-





I will never not order a Coke in a glass bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment