Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

"I'm not sure what I'll do, but-- well, I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale." - F.S.F



I read The Paris Wife by Paula McLain a few weeks ago while traveling back and forth between D.C. and Oklahoma for job interviews and house hunts, so I'm kind of on a Hemingway/great-early-20th-century-American-authors kick lately. 


 

image via wikipedia

....anyone else think Hemingway was kind of a babe?

If you're like me and you love historical fiction, then this should be your next read. The story chronicles Ernest Hemingway's early years, and his journey to becoming the celebrated American writer he is today. I guess I sort of connected with the way Hadley Richardson, (Hemingway's first wife) just up and moved from their familiar life in Chicago, all the way across the world to Paris to support Ernest's budding career. The couple truly lived life one day at a time- embracing the bohemian spirit, and taking advantage of every opportunity to travel the world and to fully experience it. 

Plus, they drank a LOT of champagne. 

Read the book, then go and watch "Midnight in Paris" (2011) featuring Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams.  You will start to actually believe that you are a member of the "Lost Generation".

No comments:

Post a Comment